At your volunteer shift, there are various opportunities to participate:
- Counting book donations
- Reviewing condition of donated books
- Sorting books into categories
- Boxing books for school and community partner distribution
Volunteer safety is our top priority. Books Between Kids does not require masks currently. We continue to monitor the state of the pandemic and reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We have several tables/stations spread throughout the warehouse to ensure the recommended social distancing protocols for volunteers.
After you click the 'Register' button, you will be prompted to create an account with GivePulse and follow a series of short actions in order to complete your registration.
Our warehouse can accommodate volunteers aged 8 and older and we ask that kids ages 8-13 have one parent attend as well or a ratio of 1 parent for every 2 kids aged 8-13. High school kids are welcome to volunteer independently with a signed BBK Minor Liability Waiver. Every volunteer, including children, needs to register through Give Pulse as it helps us track volunteer hours and contains our liability waiver.
Volunteers under the age of 18 need to volunteer with a parent or bring a signed BBK Minor Liability Waiver to volunteer at the warehouse.
If a volunteer requires a service or volunteer letter, please ask a BBK staff member for one after the volunteer shift.
VIEW ADDITIONAL DETAILS (such as directions to warehouse and what to expect on volunteer shift)
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.