To volunteer for this opportunity you must fill out an application through our portal: Apply to Be a Volunteer
- Children in foster care are 9 times more likely to attempt suicide.
- 80% of children in foster care and children with disabilities report depression or anxiety
- 40% of these children do not finish school
But YOU can make a difference in these statistics. Sign up to be a mentor to one of these children through our Stable Moments program. It is a commitment. You will need to meet with your mentee weekly for the duration of the school year. But you will find great rewards, and you will get to play games with kids and horses. What could be better? check out https://trotusa.org and https://stablemoments.org to see how this wonderful volunteer experience can enrich your life and the lives of others.
This is an ongoing opportunity. If you can't make one training date, let us know! We have trainings throughout the school year. ttps://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1234567890
Because we are a healthcare facility serving at risk folks, we need you to fill out our application. You can request an application by emailing
or visting our application portal at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1235480970
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
Did you answer "no" to the COVID risk questions? GREAT! Then ask yourself,
- Are you available on a consistent basis to help these kids? You will be serving as a MENTOR. That means they will look up to you and try to be like you. Consistency is crucial.
- Can you be outside in a barn setting?
- Do you have patience and the desire to help kids struggling with living in today's world?
- Will you commit to wearing jeans or leggings, along with our AWSOME TROT MENTOR T-SHIRT and sturdy shoes?
Want to know more? Go to our website to see what volunteers say about working at TROT
or our facebook/instagram pages
We hope to see you at TROT!