Are you driven to prevent abuse and transform the lives of people who experience abuse + have a talent for fundraising and sales + are motivated to represent our movement? Do you LOVE to shop? We're looking for folks who are high energy, love to celebrate, and are passionate about breaking the cycle of violence in Asian and Immigrant communities.
AFSSA is calling for a few additional volunteers to lead the way in securing donations for Silk Road's Silent Auction! The Auction is a key element in both generating excitement before and during the event, and raising funds for our essential, life-saving services. More about Silk Road here: https://www.afssaustin.org/silkroad/
Our vision is to build a team of 2-4 people who can commit 3-15 hours a week or more from now through Nov. 14th.
This is a great opportunity for students, young leaders, or experienced professionals to network with local businesses, learn about large-scale fundraising events, and join our movement to break the cycle of violence in Asian and immigrant communities.
Volunteers will support the leadership and direction of our Auction Chair, Aalia Cumber, who is an experienced corporate consultant from a Big-5 firm.
We'd love to work with students or professionals who have experience or want to use or grow their skills in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Events, Fundraising, and Social Justice.
Auction Team Volunteer Responsibilities
- Reach out to businesses to secure donation items/packages for silent auction
- must have phone, computer, wifi connection to access and update Auction Master Spreadsheet and Script
- Strong phone presence
- available to make phone calls and follow up emails during regular business hours (M-F, 8a - 5p)
- Transport or coordinate transportation to pick up items and deliver to AFSSA offices, using social distance and public health protocols to ensure safety during the pandemic
- - Meet with Auction Team to prioritize contacts/donation requests
- Weekly remote/zoom meeting to share donation and contact status, and refine strategy and packages
- - Organize and create digital marketing materials for themed packages for silent auction
- Create final package contents and determine Fair Market Value
- Creative presentation (images, descriptions) to input into online auction portal
- Creative social media posts to generate excitement about packages
- - Help coordinate distribution of auction items to winning bidders
- after the event, help deliver items and thanks to winning bidders
Are you the perfect volunteer for this effort? Please send a short note about your interest, what skills you most want to contribute, your availability, and contact information.
Aalia Cumber, Auction Chair and Darlene Lanham, Executive Director
PS. If you aren't able to volunteer this time, there will be other opportunities in the future. And -- you can still participate by introducing us to a business or contact who would be delighted to support AFSSA's mission by contributing to our auction. Feel free to send an introductory email connection; we're working on some very fun packages with a broad range of price points and experiences, so don't hesitate to connect us. Thank YOU for lifting up our movement, we could not secure the resources to transform our community member's lives without YOU!
Opens Sep 22, 2020 12:00am
Nov 14, 2020 12:00am or when space runs out.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
At-Risk Youth Children & Youth Crisis Support Domestic Violence Emergency & Safety Food Insecurity, Hunger Gender General Advocacy General Education Homeless & Housing Human Rights Immigrants & Refugees LGBTQ+ Legal Services Marginalized Populations Older Adults Persons with Disabilities Poverty & Basic Needs Race & Ethnicity Sexual Assault Social Justice Victim Services
3 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours